Wednesday, August 15. After waiting 4 hours past surgery time, Dad finally gets port put in. Mom and I are in the waiting room when Dr. Dolan calls us back. He's the first doctor that has had anything positive to say in this 2 weeks. He was very encouraging by saying that Dad was much younger and in much better health than the pancreatic cancer patients he usually sees. He foresees Dad's body taking the treatments well and if the cancer reacts like it should, then Dad should even eventually be able to work again. Just having a doctor with this kind of positive attitude makes me feel so much better to know he is helping care for my Dad! A big thank you to Randy and Kelly for the visit and Cara for KFC!! Todd also came up that evening and pushed Dad around outside to get some fresh air. I know he enjoys the company!
The blood clot in his leg should dissolve in a few more days.
Thursday, August 16. They finally take the IV needle out of his arm. They run fluids through the port for 30 minutes...works great...chemo treatment next. Mom said he ate while he got the chemo. He went outside afterwards and was feeling good.
Dad said he has felt great the past 3 days...unfortunately he's spent those in the hospital! Praise God for the encouraging news and everything going well! Please say a prayer that the chemo treatments work to destroy the cancer and at the same time don't make Dad sick. Also pray for my Mom.
Thank you to everyone who texts, calls, and messages me checking on him. I try to respond to everyone, but I'm sure I miss people along the way!! I really do appreciate it. Keep it coming.
A BIG thank you to those that have went to hospital and visited. It's easy to get discouraged when there are no visitors.
The BIGGEST thank you goes to all the prayer worriers!!!!! Thank you so very much.
3 comments:
What hospital is he in?
Praying for your family every day. God bless each of you.
St. Joseph's...now called Mercy...in Hot Springs. Room 444. He will be released tomorrow...he's hoping first thing in the morning!!
Post a Comment